California Green Communities1 (CGC) is seeking corporate, government and non-governmental organization (NGO) Partners interested in assisting participating CGC cities achieve their goal.
These cities are revitalizing their communities through focused programs in a variety of sustainable practice areas including those listed below:
- Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Water & Wastewater Systems
- Green Building
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Climate-Friendly Purchasing
- Renewable Energy & Low-Carbon Fuels
- Efficient Transportation
- Land Use & Community Design
- Urban Forestry & Carbon Offsets
- Promoting Community & Individual Action
If your company or organization can provide services, products or strategies at the local level in one or more of these ten sustainable practice areas then you could become a CGC Partner.
There are no fees to participate. Partners are encouraged to create collaborative programs with the cities as models for other areas. Each city has developed a plan for each of the ten program areas and you are encouraged to review them to determine where you can be a productive Partner.
CGC offers its Partners the following benefits:
- Introduction to cities in need of sustainable consultation, services or program implementation.
- Public affairs/media opportunities facilitated by the Environmental Media Association (EMA) and its celebrity base to highlight Partner participation in the program and involvement with CGC cities.
- Recognition in CGC promotional and media materials.
- Sponsor rights to events in participating cities.
- Recognition on the CGC web site (www.cagreencom.org) linking to your organization’s values or environmental stewardship web page.
- Membership on the CGC Advisory Board.
- Invitation to CGC planning sessions and opportunity to present sponsor offers to participating cities.
- Use of the CGC logo in accordance with brand standards.
- Recognition plaque for your office.
- Application to Green Seal’s Green Purchasing and Green Facilities Partnership programs.
To become a Partner in the California Green Communities program, please contact Gary Petersen at (805) 965-1665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 California Green Communities is a program of USA Green Communities, Inc., a California non-profit public benefit corporation.